Sunday 30 September 2012

Poetry Inspiration!

Last night while I was surfing Tumblr I came across a poem, now I'm not usually a big fan of poetry but with this I was instantly in love, this persons style of writing I find to be amazing. It's so simple, modern and just straight to the point; no bullshit metaphors or deeper meanings that you have to work out.
I clicked onto this authors (pretty basic) Tumblr and had a look at the rest of his poetry, which is all amazing and clearly personal and meaningful; but I couldn't find a real name, all there is is a signature of "ao-oa" at the end of the poems. There is also no "ask" box or any way of contacting this 'ao-oa' so I had no way to tell them how there poetry inspired me! http://ao-oa.tumblr.com/

Here's a few of his poems:
"all the company I need" the first poem I found








Simple yet powerful


I love this one. Most writers can make the mistake of making
sex seem cheap and cliché but this is well written, in my opinion.


After reading through over 150 of his poems I was so inspired I wanted to write some of my own:





No comments:

Post a Comment